We reported earlier that the ASUS PadFone is now available in Taiwan and in other countries but we haven’t really heard ASUS make too much noise about the release. It seems like today the Taiwanese manufacuturer has taken one step towards shedding some light on the unique tablet/phone duo.
Here’s what we know about the ASUS PadFone:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on both the tablet and phone
- Snapdragon S4 dual-core CPU clocked at 1.5GHz
- 10.1″ display for the tablet
- 4.3″ Super AMOLED, qHD, Scratch Resistant Glass on the phone
- Dual Speakers
- 8 Mega-Pixel, 5-Element Lens, F2.2 Aperture
- A stylus that doubles as a headset for phone calss
- 16 hour batter life for the phone. 63 hour battery life when combined with the tablet and 102 hours of battery life when in the docking station (seriously?)
The Padfone will allow you to use your existing phone dataplan when docked inside of the tablet. That means you no longer have to pay for separate dataplan for your tablet or have to purchase a tethering plan. While the video doesn’t provide us with a release date or pricing information, its good to see that ASUS hasn’t totally neglected the Padfone. Lets hope that ASUS will release more information regarding the release date in the upcoming weeks.