Zcasts is a free, ad-supported pod-catcher that aggregates RSS podcast feeds and allows the user to browse and add (subscribe) to them through your mobile device. From that point the episodes can be downloaded or streamed on the device. The app has a one frame layout for phones and a two frame layout for tablets. The goal is to create a simplified and intuitive pod-catcher. Check out the paid, ad-free version in the Play store if you like the app and would like to support further development of Zcasts.
* 5 ways to find the podcasts you're looking for:
1. Search the large and continuously updated Zcasts database by keywords
2. Manually Enter a feed URL. The app will detect if its a valid podcast.
3. Browse the Zcasts database by category or most recently added
4. Import Google Reader podcasts/RSS blogs using your own built in Google credentials
5. View some of the most popular podcast networks on the internet.
* Create playlists of downloaded episodes
* Download individual episodes and mange them in the Download Manager. Partial Downloads may be resumed at a later time
* Set up an automatic update interval so the freshest podcasts will always be available
* Stream or play audio/video podcasts
* Manage the read/unread status of episodes
* Easily share podcast feeds or individual episodes with friends.
Explanation of Permissions:
FULL INTERNET ACCESS - Needed to access the Podcast database and subscribe to feeds
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS - Needed to store the app on the SD card. Also needed to read/write podcast files on the SD card.
VIEW NETWORK STATE - This is necessary because the app checks whether you are connected to a network before attempting to download or stream a podcast.
READ PHONE STATE - Used to stop the audio when a call arrives.
DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS - Used to authenticate Google Reader account
VIEW NETWORK STATE - Used for streaming/downloading
AUTOMATICALLY START AT BOOT - only used to reset the scheduled refresh saved alarms when rebooting.
*Lead Developer - Julian Currie
Google+ : search Julian Currie
//[ad goes here]